We do not provide our own accommodation. However, we can arrange accommodation for you through trusted agencies. Students can choose between staying with a host family.
Please check Section 6 of the full terms and conditions regarding the Accommodation and Transfer services at `Student Terms & Conditions`.
Docklands Academy London does not provide its own accommodation. We work with homestay accommodation agencies: Perfect Host Homestay and HFS. We can make reservations for you with these homestay accommodation agencies. Homestay accommodation consists of living in a home with any members who live in the home. Hosts come from various ethnic origins, and they are carefully chosen by Perfect Host Homestay and HFS. No more than 3 students are placed in a homestay family at one time. Students are placed in a single room unless they request to share a room with a friend / family member, and they indicate it clearly on a booking form. Students will be provided with clean towels and bed linen. Rooms are cleaned and laundry is done by the host on a weekly basis.
Perfect Host Homestay and HFS homestay accommodation agencies offer different types of meal plans:
- Self-catering: The host will provide no food. Student will be allowed to do own cooking with use of the kitchen facilities.
- Bed and breakfast: The host will provide the student with a continental breakfast which will consist of:
- Cereals with milk
- Toast with butter, jam, or marmalade
- Tea / coffee and fruit juice
- Half board: The host will provide the student with breakfast as above and an evening meal, which will consist of:
- Meat or fish with potatoes / rice and vegetables or pasta with sauce
- Hot or cold dessert: yoghurt, cake, or fruit
- A drink: cold water or fruit juice
- Full board. The host will provide the student with breakfast as above, an evening meal as above and a packed lunch which consist of:
- A sandwich (2 slices of bread) with a filling, for instance, ham, chicken, cheese, tuna, or egg
- A piece of fruit, for instance, apple, orange, pear, banana, or seasonal fruit
- A packet of crisps
- Small bottle of drinking water or juice
Hosts and students should communicate with each other to establish what foods are liked or disliked. Any religious / cultural food requirements must be communicated at the time of the booking and can also be discussed with the host.
Homestays are in London’s travel zones 2,3,4 and 5. Docklands Academy London is in zone 2 in East London, close to Canary Wharf – the nearest station is Crossharbour. If you book your homestay accommodation in zone 2 it will take you approximately 30 – 45 minutes to come to school by public transport. A weekly travel card for zones 1-2 costs £40.70. Prices start from £220.00 per week for a single room for a Bed and breakfast meal plan in zone 2 during an off-peak season. There is a £50.00 booking fee.
The accommodation prices depend on the following:
- Season: low / high (June – September is a high season therefore additional charges from £5.00 – £30.00 per week are applied)
- Accommodation location: London travel zone 2/3/4 or 5
- Meal plan and dietary requirements
- Student age (students under 18 pay extra £5.00 – £50.00 a week depending on their age).
For more details regarding the prices, please see the links below: