Students who are 16 or 17 may join our adult classes with no more than 15 students per class.
For children aged 10-15 we offer group bookings of General English classes throughout the summer with no more than 19 per class. Courses for all ages can start and end on any day apart from weekends and Bank Holidays when the Academy is closed.
- Wednesday 25 December 2019 Christmas Day
- Thursday 26 December 2019 Boxing Day
- Wednesday 01 January 2020 New Year’s Day
- Friday 10 April 2020 Good Friday
- Monday 13 April 2020 Easter Monday
- Friday 08 May 2020 Early May Bank Holiday
- Monday 25 May 2020 Spring Bank Holiday
- Monday 31 August 2020 Summer Bank Holiday
- Friday 25 December 2020 Christmas Day
Level of Care for U18s
On their arrival all U18s are given a specially designed induction programme that focuses on safety and a placement test appropriate to their age. We do not provide our own accommodation but can arrange safe and comfortable accommodation through agencies.
Throughout their stay all U18s are carefully monitored by our dedicated team of teachers, welfare and safeguarding officers to ensure they are safe, well and happy at all times. The lead designated safeguarding officer checks their attendance each morning and will make appropriate enquiries if any are late or absent. Our Safeguarding Officers are Canan E. Celik, Eglina Bubliauskaite and Birgul Rose Aslan and the Designated Safeguarding Lead Officer (DSL) is Bernardo De Vire.
Once they have arrived on the premises U16s are not allowed to leave without supervision. They are taught separately and at different times to adults so their safety can be secured and they do not disturb each other during lessons. There are also separate areas and times for refreshment breaks.
Groups of U16s and students who are 16 and 17 will be provided with a leisure programme. Students who are 16 or 17 years old can join our adult leisure programme but for U16s we can organise a junior leisure programme if not otherwise provided. Please contact us for the costs of a specially designed junior leisure programme.
We do not provide supervision for students who are 16 or 17 years old at times outside of lessons, or when travelling between their accommodation and school.
Please see our policy and procedures for safeguarding children.
All staff dealing with U18s are supposed to comply with our recruitment procedures and safer recruitment practice.
If we advertise any post, full details of how to apply will be provided with the advertisement. If you wish to apply for a job that has not been advertised, you may do so by sending a CV and covering letter. If there is a suitable vacancy, you will be contacted and a job description and job application form will be sent out to you. Once you have completed the application form successfully you will be invited for an interview. Anyone applying for a teaching position will be asked to teach an hour under observation when they come for the interview. This will be paid teaching and details of the class along with lesson planning template will be provided.
Safer recruitment practice
We are obligated to carry out checks to ensure that anyone wishing to work at our academy can be trusted to work with children. For this reason all applicants must provide the following before they can be interviewed for any position:
- an enhanced DBS check or an agreement for us to carry one out
- two references from people you have worked with in the past testifying that they know of no reason why you cannot be trusted to work with children.
- original proof of ID (passport)
- original proof of address (utility bill or bank statement)
- original certificates of qualifications (All English teachers must have BA university degree and a CELTA or equivalent)
- all staff applying to work as self-employed must also provide their Unique Tax Reference number or UTR obtained from HMRC