About this course
This program effectively prepares students for IELTS examination. It includes the teaching of test practice strategies and skills for all areas of the IELTS exam. It is comprehensive and academically rigorous. The IELTS course puts equal weight on reading, writing, listening, speaking, and test-taking strategies. The course also covers sub-skills such as academic vocabulary, academic style, and study skills.
You must be 18 years old or over at the time of registration. Students can start at any level from B1 to C2 in the Common European Framework Reference (CEFR) according to the result of the placement test. You may need a Student Visitor Visa depending on which country you come from.
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Recognize their true level in speaking, reading, listening, and writing
- Recognize and overcome challenges presented in the IELTS exam
- Write different academic essay types -evaluate and self correct their speaking
- Be prepared for the mechanics of the IELTS examination (time, order, format)
- Skim, scan and focus on target material in academic reading passages
- Interpret and describe statistical data using appropriate language and grammar
- Demonstrate enhanced vocabulary in writing and speaking
- Formulate, express, and defend opinions using appropriate vocabulary
- Demonstrate improved listening skills for comprehension and details
- If you want to take an IELTS exam, the cost is between £165 and £195 and you can choose a test centre and test date by following the link below:https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/take-ielts/book