When accepting an offer of a place of study at the Academy, a prospective student is required to pay the full amount of the tuition fees for their selected course as set out in our most recent publicity material including the web site. Tuition fees, as agreed by the student in the Terms and Conditions and in the Learning Agreement signed on induction, will NOT normally be refunded.
This includes, by way of example only;
- if an international student obtains a visa to study at the Academy, enters the UK, but then chooses not to take up studies at the Academy
- if a student enrols on a chosen course of study, is inducted into the Academy, but then discontinues the course
- if a student is removed from the Academy due to non-compliance with the Academy’s Procedure 4.4 Attendance monitoring, serious misconduct or other reason
- if a student is continuously late or absent to an extent that prevents learning or is contrary to minimum requirements, which includes but is not restricted to those set by the UKVI, partner college or other relevant body
- if there is an event outside of our control which prevents the course from continuing
However, the tuition fees MAY be refunded in special circumstances. These include, but are not limited to;
- if a student wishes to cancel a course booking and gives two weeks’ notice in writing before the start of the course
- if a student wishes to cancel an accommodation booking and gives one months’ notice before the start of the stay
- if a prospective international student has made a deposit of their fees, but then fails to obtain a visa to study at the Academy. In this case the student or his/ her consultant must send scanned copies of their DAL Offer Letter/s, Visa Refusal Letter and passport by e-mail to the Academy for verification
- if a prospective international student obtains a visa to study at the Academy, but then, before entry to the UK, decides not to take up the offer of admission
- if there are strong compassionate or health grounds, supported by the presentation of suitable evidence
An application for a refund must be made on the Tuition Fee Refund Application form (available from the website or in hard copy on request) submitted to the Finance Manager. A decision will be made by the Finance Manager, which is subject to review at the discretion of the Academy Directors, whose decision is final, there being no further appeal. The decision will aim to take into account all the known circumstances and the overall reasonableness and fairness of the case.
A refund, if approved, will be limited to the tuition fees paid to the Academy less an amount proportional to the time spent by the student at the Academy. Please note the following is non-refundable: registration fee, accommodation booking fee and any bank charges incurred. The Academy shall not be liable in any case for monetary loss suffered due to currency fluctuations or any other consequential loss. Due to the above procedures the Academy requires a minimum period of 42 days to process any refund.