- Our students enjoy a pleasant atmosphere in our campus, with friendly staff and modern facilities. Students can use the library and IT facilities or relax and eat in our cafeteria.
During break times students can walk along the waterside just outside the Academy, or sit on the grass in good weather by the dock and watch the water sports.
We have an open door policy which means students can have access to all staff to discuss any concerns.
- Our Library has up to 2000 books and many e-books. There are research and group study areas, and a computer area with internet access and CCTV for the security and safety of students.
Library opening hours: 08:30 till 17:30 Monday-Friday
- Accommodating up to 32 students, our lecture halls are equipped with projectors, internet access and a lecturer laptop. The lecture halls are also equipped with our Electronic Attendance System.
- The cafeteria is the place to eat and drink, chill out and socialise.With tables and stools for up to 70 people, the cafeteria also has a 42 inch Plasma TV where you can catch up on what is happening at the Academy or even watch the news. Students can stay connected with wireless internet access available to all. The cafeteria is also equipped with CCTV for safety and security, and wheelchair users have easy access from outside.
- “Our building is equipped with CCTV for safety and security, and wheelchair users have direct easy access from outside. The signs leading to the entrance are clearly seen at the entrance stairs which will lead you to our cafeteria, toilets and classrooms with wheelchair access. Wheelchair user visitors and students are advised that there is not a wheelchair access to the main reception area, computer lab or the library in our building. Please make a member of staff aware should you wish to access a book from the library or need a laptop to work on. We will endeavour to meet your needs subject to availability.
- Guide dogs are admitted.We ask students to inform us of their support needs at application, interview or enrolment or at any time during their course. The type of support we offer will depend on an individual student’s needs and will be negotiated with the student and in many cases his/her parent/ carer.To ensure that support can be put in place in a timely manner, applicants are asked to identify that they have a learning support need on their application form.”