Who We Are
Founded in 2011, the Academy is based in a four-storey premises that was part of the early redevelopment of the London docks area. Our group also comprises 21 commercial restaurants and the Limehouse Library Hotel, all providing exceptional links with industry.
We believe everyone is capable of improving their lives through learning, regardless of their prior education experiences, background, or current work / life situation. We aim to provide everyone who studies with us strong support, motivation, purpose and the encouragement to really apply themselves and work hard.
We work to ensure everyone who studies with us doesn’t just develop their knowledge and understanding of their subject areas, but also leaves us feeling confident as a student knowing how their behaviours and attributes make them highly sought after and employable.
We want to be a driver for change, and to do this we engage with different employers, both within our Group and across multiple sectors to ensure what we deliver through our various learning programmes is what they want to see in their workplaces.
Our approach to supporting and enabling learning creates a culture and framework from which we build these work-ready learners. It recognises the need to provide opportunities to develop emotional intelligence and resilience. We do this by working with employers to help our students to gain real-world skills, which can be put into practice through live projects and industry placements.
This strategy also recognises technology is transforming the world of work faster than ever before. Without the right graduates to implement, problem solve and ask, “what’s next?”, technology alone isn’t a solution. Irrespective of vocational area, our goal for the life of this strategy — and beyond — is to ensure DAL students have the digital literacy, personal agility and entrepreneurial spirit to succeed in a future driven by people, powered by technology.
Our Vision, Mission and Values
Using the power of education to improve the academic outcomes, employment prospects and lifetime opportunities for our students.
Preparing students for successful careers and lives.
- Excellence: We strive to achieve the highest quality in every aspect of our work, providing a learning experience that is truly first class.
- Passion: We create an environment in which our students and staff can develop and celebrate their shared interests. We empower our graduates to combine their passion with their career and shape the future of the specialist industries we serve.
- Challenge: We support students and staff who want to challenge and be challenged. We inspire them so that they can confidently achieve their ambitions, create their own successes, and be the very best they can be.
- Nurture: People are the centre of everything we do, with our students at the heart of our community. We invest in our people, support their development, and encourage them to grow and reach their full potential.
- Respect: Inclusivity underpins our organisation; we respect and celebrate equality and diversity. We seek to create a community in which all of our staff, students and partners thrive and feel proud to belong.