Procedure 4.9 REFUND of TUITION FEES
Procedure issued: March 2015
Date of review and revision: July 2016
External references:UK Professional Standards Framework , CIPD Code of Professional Conduct
When accepting an offer of a place of study at Docklands Academy, London (DAL), a prospective student is required to pay the full amount of the tuition fees for their selected course as set out in the brochure (or as amended and publicly notified from time to time). Tuition fees include our core education costs incurred in the United Kingdom, such as the cost of providing and maintaining teaching facilities, supplying teaching services, administrative staff and libraries, internet and intranet services.
A processing fee of not more than GBP300 may be collected from each prospective student before issue of a Conditional Offer Letter. This processing fee covers the cost of processing their application for entry to DAL and the United Kingdom and is non-refundable in any circumstance.
Tuition fees, as agreed by the student in the general Terms and Conditions and in the Learning Agreement signed on induction, will NOT normally be refunded.
This includes, by way of example only;
- if an international student obtains a visa to study at DAL, enters the UK, but then chooses not to take up studies at DAL
- if a student enrols on a chosen course of study, is inducted into DAL, but then discontinues the course
- if a student is removed from DAL due to non-compliance with Procedure 4.4 Attendance monitoring, serious misconduct or other similar reason.
However, the tuition fees MAY be refunded in special circumstances.
These include, but are not limited to;
- if a prospective international student has made a deposit of their fees, but then fails to obtain a visa to study at DAL. In this case the student or his/ her consultant must send scanned copies of their DAL Offer Letter/s, Visa Refusal Letter and passport by e-mail to DAL for verification
- if a prospective international student obtains a visa to study at DAL, but then, before entry to the UK, decides not to take up the offer of admission
- if there are strong compassionate or health grounds, supported by the presentation of suitable evidence.
An application for a refund must be made on the Tuition Fee Refund Application form (available from the website or in hard copy on request) submitted to the Accounts Officer. A decision will be made by a manager, which is subject to review at the discretion of the Directors, whose decision is final, there being no further appeal. The decision will aim to take into account all the known circumstances and the overall reasonableness and fairness of the case.
A refund, if approved, will be limited to the tuition fees paid to DAL less an amount proportional to the time spent by the student at DAL The Academy shall not be liable in any case for bank charges incurred, monetary loss suffered due to currency fluctuations or any other consequential loss. Due to the above procedures DAL requires a minimum period of 42 days to process any refund.