An educational summer camp using Michael Morpurgo’s ‘Kensuke’s Kingdom’.
- Sharing and building friendships
- Creatively reading, writing and comprehension
- Presentation skills
Activities and trips:
- Stubbers Adventure Centre (confirmed trip)
- National Maritime Museum (confirmed trip)
- Bore Place Survival Challenge Day (confirmed trip)
- Aquarium visit (pending)
- Thames Boat tour (pending)
- Art and craft lessons on site
- Drama lessons lead by a drama coach / actor
- Explorations into climate change and endangered animals
- Journaling (to keep a full record of all learning and activities)
A fully catered option is available at the additional total outlined in the registration form. The fully
catered option includes an organic juice drink, healthy snack / fruit, healthy lunch option and water
(full menu details TBC).
We will cater for dietary needs / allergies specified in the registration form.
In the event of an unexpected closure, cancellation or new restrictions, Docklands Academy London
will reimburse the remaining cost[s] of the programme.
Risk-assessments for each location offsite will be provided.
- Docklands Academy London
- Millwall Dock
- Stubbers Adventure Centre
- Bore Place, Kent
- Sealife London Aquarium
- Greenwich Maritime Museum
- Greenwich Park
- DBS checked
- Safeguarding certified
- Fire Marshal / First Aider on site at all times
- Secure entry and exits
- Fully qualified in teaching
- Rapid Lateral Flow test taken twice weekly