Our English for Business course focuses upon the functional language required in the world of business and marketing. Our college is situated on the edge of Canary Wharf, so you will find yourself perfectly located for entering the business world. The minimum study time for the course is a week, although we recommend a month to fully explore the language and practical elements of the course.
The course features the following topics, which can be adapted to suit the needs of individual learners or groups:
- Socialising / Small talk / Cultural Difference Awareness
- Language for phone conversations
- Language for Meetings (Chairing, setting the agenda, moderating, turn-taking etc.)
- Business Correspondence – register, style and standard phrases (Memos, Letters, E-mailing, reports etc.)
- CV writing (also Cover Letters)
- Business Interviews
- Negotiation (agreeing, disagreeing, giving explanations, taking the floor, interrupting, asking for opinions etc)
- Giving Presentations
- Colloquial Business Language
- Finance / Accounting English (Dealing with numbers and figures, Describing trends, Corporate finance vocabulary, Understanding and producing financial reports etc.)
- Process Management (Describing processes, Cause and Effect / Process Essays, Criticising – recommending, quality assurance etc.)
At the end of the course, successful candidates will receive a certificate of attendance and course completion.